KUALA LUMPUR – Chief Executive Officer of The Budimas Charitable Foundation, Anne Rajasaikaran, was presented the 2019 Women Icons Malaysia award at a glittering ceremony hosted in the city on March 28, 2019. She was among a total of 18 Women Achievers from Malaysia representing a diverse category of professions & sectors who were recognised at the 2nd edition of the Women Icons Malaysia Summit & Awards. Conceptualised & hosted by Singapore-headquartered Business Excellence & Research Group Pte Ltd (BERG), the event is part of a continuing initiative to create a regional platform under the aegis of the Women Icons Network to recognize women achievers & leaders across South & South East Asia.
Datuk Yvonne Chia, present Non-Executive Chairman, Standard Chartered Bank, Malaysia, and a trailblazer for women in banking was the Guest of Honour & Keynote Speaker on the occasion. Datuk Yvonne Chia was the first female CEO of any commercial bank in Malaysia and has served as the Group CEO of Hong Leong Banking Group and RHB Bank Berhad. She called upon women to seek what they want. “To be successful you need to be smart and not just clever,” she said.
The speakers at the panel discussion on the topic, “The Millennial World View Towards Gender Parity & Inclusiveness” included Datin Kalavalli Sethu, MD, Compass Insights, Faridah Hameed, Founder, FaridahHameed.com, Amy Seok, Founder & CEO, Money Compass Media Group and Mr Victor Tay, MD, Stout Asia & Former Vice-Chairman, United Nations Global Compact. The session was moderated by Vishwesh Iyer, Managing Partner & Director, BERG.
Vishwesh Iyer, Managing Partner & Director, BERG Singapore said “It is very exciting to host the 2nd edition of Women Icons Awards in Malaysia. We would like our initiatives under the Women Icons Network to be a catalyst for rapid change in societal mindsets to bring about Gender Parity & Inclusiveness in the work & social environment”.
Women Icons aims to celebrate and acknowledge the accomplishments and contributions of women trailblazers in Malaysia who have excelled in different spheres of life- they take on multiple roles in society, boardrooms or at home that make a significant difference. Winners of the award came from a broad spectrum of areas such as Education, Banking & Finance, Healthcare & Wellness and Personal Grooming to name just a few.
The Women Icons Malaysia 2019 Awards were presented to a total of 18 women achievers & leaders. These included:
- Dato’ Aliyah Karen, CEO, MAA Medicare Charitable Foundation
- Anne Rajasaikaran, CEO, The Budimas Charitable Foundation
- Datin Sri Dato’ Cynthia Teh Kim Hong, Group CEO, YS Hampers & YS Master Group
- Elain Lockman, Co-Founder & Director, Ata Plus Sdn Bhd
- Evelyn Chue, President, People Psyence
- Dato’ Foo Mei Yen, Co-Founder, Hair Max+ Malaysia
- Datin Irene Lee, Co-Founder & Director, Team Keris Berhad
- Lillian Tay, Vice President, Veritas Design Group
- Low Ngai Yuen, President, Kakiseni & Founder, WOMEN:girls
- Datin Malliga Subramaniam, Sr Managing Partner, Oxydata Software Sdn Bhd
- Michelle Hah, Executive Director, Fire Fighter Industry Sdn Bhd
- Datin Norliza Razali, Group CEO, Tresdata Sdn Bhd
- Nuraizah S Baharin, CEO, Madcat World
- Dr Rozieta Shaary, Director, AL Advancement of Human Potential Sdn. Bhd
- Sheznie Merican, CEO & Founder, Check It Out Worldwide
- Dr Siti Hafizatun, Director, Dutamas Dental Clinic
- Trine Sofie Tveen Nielsen, Co-Founder & MD, LinkFacility Global Sdn Bhd
- Datuk Zunaidah Idris, Head of Dealing, Hong Leong Investment Bank